This content has been Fact-Checked by a Certified Nutritionist in our Publishing Team. Learn more here. Always consult a medical professional before commencing any diet.
1500 calorie meal plan is not as challenging to follow as a 1200 calorie plan for instance. This diet plan can be used if you want to lose weight or simply maintain a nutritious healthy diet.
We have created a super balanced diet plan with 5 meals each day which won’t leave you hungry. In addition, we have included proteins such as chicken and salmon, complex carbs that will improve your satiety such as vegetables and fruits, and healthy fats such as avocado.
There is only one challenge following this 7-day 1500 calorie meal plan, it encourages you to change some bad habits such as eating processed foods and sugary snacks! As a result, you will not only lose weight but also improve your overall health.
Not good at cooking?
Don’t worry, we brought everything for you! From ingredients list to step by step instructions. And our recipes are all super easy and delicious!
Note: If you have struggled sticking with a diet plan (like me!), check out our article about diet mistakes you are probably making everyday, and get yourself ready for this 🙂
1500 Meal Plan Grocery List:
- Chicken breasts
- Beef meat
Vegetables and fruits:
- Green beans
Spices: you can add any of your favourite spices such as :
- Chilli powder
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Some nuts such as cashew, almonds, and pistachios
- Peanut butter
- Some dairy products such as Greek yogurt, coconut yogurt, coconut milk, skimmed milk, feta cheese, cheddar cheese, and some eggs.
- Chia seeds and sunflower seeds
1500 Calorie Meal Plan:
Lunch: 582 kcal
Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Salmon. Click here for the recipe.
Dinner: 288.58 kcal
The ultimate banana smoothie. Check the recipe in this article.
Total calories: 1496 kcal
Breakfast: 451.5 kcal
- One cup fresh blueberries (148g)
- 1 medium frozen banana (118g)
- One cup of coconut yogurt (245g)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- One cup of cashew milk
Smoothies are a great option for breakfast as it makes you feel full due to its fiber content which is important for having a flat belly.
Lunch: 486 kcal per serving
Flat iron steak and spinach salad. Check this link for the recipe tips.
Total calories: 1516 kcal
Dinner: 382 kcal
Turkey piccata. Click here for checking the recipe.
Total calories: 1498.2 kcal
Breakfast: 542 kcal
- ¾ cup of oat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- One small banana
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup of coconut milk
Snack: 138.5 kcal
One cup of kale chips + one container of nonfat Greek yogurt (150g)
Dinner: 397 kcal
Spinach, sweet potato, and lentil dhal. Click here for the recipe details.
Total calories: 1532.5 kcal
Breakfast: 252.63 kcal
No bread turkey club
- 9 romaine leaves
- 4 slices of turkey breast ( 16g each)
- 3 slices of cooked beef bacon (6.5g each)
- 3 medium slices of tomato (20g each)
- 4 slices of avocado (10g each)
Instructions: check out this link.
Lunch: 273 kcal per serving
Marinated grilled shrimp: click here for the recipe.
I am one of shrimp lovers, besides being very tasty and delicious, researchers discovered that eating shrimps could lower cholesterol levels and decrease obesity rate due to containing a compound called chitosan according to this study.
Snack: 280 kcal
50g of pistachios
Dinner: 396 kcal per serving
Potato soup. Check out the recipe from here.
Potatoes are a great option for losing weight. Don’t be surprised!!
Check our article about potato diet to know more about the benefits of potatoes in losing weight
Total calories: 1510 kcal
Breakfast: 303 kcal
Snack: 77.5 kcal
One small apple + cup of unsweetened green tea
Green tea has great benefits in raising your metabolism according to this study, besides it has zero calories so you can enjoy drinking it without feeling guilty.
Chicken fajita salad: 588 kcal per serving
Ingredients: ( serving 2 )
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- One small red bell pepper, sliced
- A large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Two tsp salt
- A tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- One tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, chopped
Watch the recipe from here.
Snack: 218 kcal per serving
Soft oatmeal cookies
Yes, it is time to treat yourself with some delicious healthy cookies as long as it is homemade
This recipe contains oats which will make you full so eat it in moderation and within the calorie limit. Enjoy!!
Click here for the recipe and instructions
Dinner: 339 kcal
Fried omelette with cheddar cheese
This recipe is one of my favourites. It is very delicious thanks to the coconut milk and it is super healthy.
- 2 small eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- ½ tbsp ghee
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese (21g each)
- Parsley cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Crack the eggs into a bowl then add some salt, pepper, and the coconut milk
- Beat them well
- In a pan over the heater, melt the ghee then add the egg mixture
- When it is about to be cooked, add the cheese on a half of the omelette
- Cover the cheese with the other half of the omelette and leave it a little over the heat until taking a brown color
- Spread some parsley over the omelette and serve
Total calories: 1525.5 kcal
Breakfast: 444 kcal
- One cup diced watermelon (152g)
- 100 g feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh spearmint
- One tbsp olive oil
Toss all the above ingredients and enjoy.
Snack: 81 kcal
Hot cocoa milk drink
This amazing tasty drink has a huge amount of antioxidants more than those in red wine and tea according to this study.
Boil the milk then add the cocoa and honey
Lunch: 563 kcal per serving
Coconut curry chicken
Snack: 159 kcal
Fruit salad consisting of:
- One cup sliced strawberries (166g)
- ½ cup sliced banana
- 50 blueberries (68g);
Dinner: 254 kcal per serving
Creamy mushroom soup
Click here for the recipe.
Total calories: 1501 kcal
1500 Calorie Diet Plan Warnings
Here are some common symptoms you may experience when trying to lose weight:
Equally important, these symptoms may differ between people, some could feel it in a mild degree, others could feel worse. In addition, this difference is according to the health status and the number of calories you are going to cut.
Therefore my advice is:
1. If you are a big eater and by following a 1500 calorie meal plan, you are going to make a huge cut in your calorie intake…… Don’t follow it. Try to cut your calorie intake gradually, step by step.
2. If you are suffering from any chronic illness, you should ask your doctor first.
Finally, you can do some workouts to raise your metabolism such as tabata crossfit or any workouts you would love to perform.
- 50 Healthy Snacks Under 100 Calories | Ultimate List for Weight Loss
- Is Matcha Good For Weight Loss? A Healthy Way To Lose Weight
This content has been Fact-Checked by a Certified Nutritionist in our Publishing Team. Learn more here.