If you are sick and tired of diet plans that make you starve and long for your favorite foods, then the Fast Metabolism Diet is tailor-made for you.
There aren’t many diets that allow you to eat full meals with snacks and still lose weight.
There is a misconception among people that in order to get in shape and lose weight they need to count each calorie and fat gram and go to bed feeling hungry.
The Fast Metabolism Diet gives you the best of both worlds. You can eat all of the foods you love and lose weight.
There are some limitations, of course. But, at the end of the day, it is a diet.
What is the Fast Metabolism Diet?
The Fast Metabolism Diet, developed by nutritionist and wellness consultant Hailie Pomroy, is a multi-phase diet that promises to help you lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks.
The idea behind the Fast Metabolism Diet is to ‘deceive’ your metabolism and make it faster. This is a multi-phase diet regimen with specific food types for each phase.
With the Fast Metabolism Diet, each week is divided into three phases. You start with the first phase on Monday and finish off on Sunday with the final third phase. The cycle repeats for 28 days.
The phases of the Fast Metabolism Diet by Halie Pomroy are as follows:
- Phase 1 (Monday, Tuesday) – Unwind stress
- Phase 2 (Wednesday, Thursday) – Unlock fat stores
- Phase 3 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) – Unleash the burn-Hormones, Heat,and Heat
During the Fast Metabolism Diet, you are allowed to have three full meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner, and at least two snacks. The intervals between these meals should be no more than two hours.
If you want to keep your weight stable after the first 28-day cycle, make sure to repeat it every six months. Alternatively, you can implement a one-week cycle every month.
In addition to keeping up with a balanced diet, it is recommended to exercise 2-3 times a week for better results.
If you need a quicker weight reduction, check out our article on California Diet, which promises weight loss in just 10 days. And on the contrary, if you think 28 days is a short period of time to lose so much weight, go ahead and read our article How Long Does It Take to Lose 20 Pounds? to get a more comprehensive view of the factors that determine the amount of time it takes to lose 20 pounds.
Fast Metabolism Diet: Benefits and Results
The benefits of the Fast Metabolism Diet are so many that it is hard to believe that it is even a diet.
- A wide variety of foods you can eat. The Fast Metabolism Diet has an extensive range of products you are allowed to eat during each phase. As a result, it is suitable for people who eat vegan, organic or gluten-free.
- Less calorie counting. It has already been proven that calorie counting is not the way to go when you are trying to lose weight and be healthy.
- Full meals and snacks. In many diet regimens, just the thought that you are restricted in your meals and snacks causes a lot of tension and anxiety.
- Healthy weight loss. The Fast Metabolism Diet incorporates all the good food. Sticking up to this diet will help you eat more whole foods instead of processed products.
- Vitamins and minerals. Because the Fast Metabolism Diet incorporates a lot of fruits and vegetables, protein and fats that are healthy for you, it is much richer in minerals and vitamins than many other diet plans.
The best part about the Fast Metabolism Diet is that it comes with quick results. But its results are not limited to weight loss only. Here are the results you can expect to see after a cycle of this multi-phase diet:
- Weight loss of 20 pounds in less than a month;
- Low cholesterol level;
- Stable blood sugar level;
- Energy boost;
- Better sleep;
- Less stress and anxiety.
- 1200 Calorie Diet – Easy and Delicious Diet Plan
- How to Lose 15 Pounds in 2 Months – Food List & Super Proven Diet Tips Included
Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 1
The Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 1 is the time for letting go of stress and anxiety. This is the initial stage of teaching your body to not store fat.
During the first two days of the seven-day cycle, you should incorporate a lot of carbohydrate-rich foods into your routine, as well as fruits that have a high-glycemic load.
You can also implement some low-fat and moderate-protein foods, such as turkey, lean beef and lentils.
Simply, you will eat three meals which are (carb-rich, moderate-protein, low-fat) and two fruit snacks.
For better results, it is recommended to do a workout. You can do cardio like running, the elliptical trainer or aerobic workouts.
Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 1 Food List
Here is the list of foods you are allowed to eat during Phase 1.
Alternatively, you can also get our printable fast metabolism diet phase 1 food list pdf through this link: Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 1 food list pdf.
Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 1 Portions
Portion sizes in Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 1 depend on the amount of weight you want to lose.
To determine how many pounds you want to lose determine your final goal weight. Subtract it from your current weight.
If you have 20 pounds to lose or less, here are the portion sizes you should follow:
- Bread – 1 slice
- Tortilla – 1 tortilla per meal
- Grains (rice, quinoa, pasta) – 1 cup
- Pretzels/ crackers – 1 ounce
- Eggs – 3 egg whites
- Fruit – 1 cup
- Beans – 1⁄2 cup
- Milk (non-dairy) – 1 cup
- Meat – 4 ounces
- Fish – 6 ounces
- Dressings – 2-4 tablespoons
- Oats (steel cut) – 1⁄4 cup dry, 1 cup cooked
- Oats (rolled) – 1⁄2 dry, 1 cup cooked
- Herbs – unlimited
- Vegetables – unlimited (2 cups at minimum)
Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 1 Smoothies
During Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 1 you can enjoy a number of delicious smoothies. They will fill you up and at the same time give you energy and a good dose of vitamins for the day.
Here are some mouth-watering options for you to choose from.
Pear and Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberries are highly nutritious. They are antioxidants and will have a very good impact on your overall health. Pears, on the other hand, are also antioxidants, as well as rich in fiber. This smoothie will work perfectly as a pre-workout meal or snack.
- Cold Rice Milk – two cups
- Pears – 2 ripe pears, without core and skin
- Blueberries – one and a half cups (fresh or frozen)
- Vanilla – one tablespoon
- Handful of Ice
How to make:
Pour rice milk into the blender. Wash, peal and cut the pears into medium size pieces. Blend all these ingredients at the highest speed with some ice cubes.
The goal should be to end up with a creamy consistency. The most delicious smoothie is ready! The last step is to serve and enjoy!
- Accelerate Your Metabolism Even Faster With The Piyo Workout Schedule & Workout List Ultimate Guide
- Fast and Simple Weight Loss Cucumber Diet Plan & Bonus Recipes!
Green Smoothie with Kiwi and Oatmeal
Everyone loves green smoothies. Only the look of them transfers freshness and tells you that they are packed with vitamins and a lot of nutritious minerals.
In colder seasons, in particular, green smoothies are like a punch of vitamins that help you resist cold and make your immune system stronger.
In addition to all these benefits, green smoothies will not let you get hungry until your next mealtime.
Try out this green smoothie with kiwi, spinach, and oatmeal as an amazing creamy breakfast or snack.
- Water – 0.3 liter
- Spinach – a handful (half a cup)
- Kiwi – half a kiwi, with the skin removed
- Cucumber – 50 grams
- Oatmeal – 45 grams
- Vanilla – two tablespoons
How to make:
Green kiwi smoothie is so easy to make! All you need to do is to pour all ingredients into the blender. Turn on the blender on a higher speed until the ingredients completely mesh together. The consistency should be smooth and buttery.
Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 2
Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 2 features very high-protein, high-vegetables, low carbohydrates, and low-fat. This is the time for building some muscle and activating the fat your body has long been storing.
Vegetables that need to be incorporated into your mid-week diet are said to be alkalizing. They will help you keep the body’s pH level balanced.
Higher-protein vegetables, such as asparagus, mushrooms, and beans are also considered to be an inseparable part of a well-structured phase 2 diet.
Simply, you will eat three meals of ( high-protein, Low-carb, Low-fat) and two protein snacks.
It is advised to have at least one weight-lifting session during the second phase of the Fast Metabolism Diet. Working out is of high importance in the second ‘round’ of this diet regime, as the energy you have accumulated from all those proteins needs to be put to good use.
Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 2 Food List
Here is what you should incorporate into your diet during Phase 2.
1. Foods that support liver function:
- Leafy greens
2. Lean proteins such as:
- Lean beef
- Buffalo/ bison
- White-meat chicken and turkey
- Low fat fish as cod, halibut, and flounder
- Lean pork
- Turkey bacon
- Nitrate-free jerky
3. Alkalizing, low-glycemic vegetables such as:
- Mustard green
- Collard greens
- Swiss chard
- Arugula and all kinds of lettuce
4. Carnitine producing foods such as:
- White meat chicken
- Cheddar Cheese
Avoid: Fruits or Grains
Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 3
Fat burning happens over the weekend, which is the final phase of the seven-day cycle.
It is during this phase when your metabolism is most accelerated. This is why you are advised to consume high-healthy fat, moderate carb, moderate protein, and low-glycemic fruit.
Your best choices would be safflower mayonnaise, avocado, olives, and other foods that contain oils and fats that are not affecting your body negatively.
Simply, you will eat three meals and two healthy fat snacks.
Intense workouts are not a must during the final phase. Instead, it is recommended to do at least one day some yoga, meditate or massage to increase the blood flow to the fatty areas and decrease the cortisol level.
Here is what you should incorporate into your diet during Phase 3:
1. Healthy-fats such as:
- Nuts and seeds
- Olives and olive oil
2. Higher-fat proteins:
- Sesame and Almond butter
- Hemp seeds
3. Low glycemic fruits such as:
- Lemons and Limes
4. Low-glycemic vegetables such as:
- Sweet potatoes
5. Unrefined carbs in moderate amounts such as:
- Wild rice
6. Thyroid stimulating foods such as:
- Coconut oil
Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 3 Recipes
Here are some easy and delicious recipes to try out on the final phase of the Fast Metabolism Diet.
Turkey Wrap with Hummus and Spinach
Turkey is associated with boring diet plans. And yet, it can be quite exciting. This turkey wrap with hummus is not only delicious and healthy but also something you can take with you on the go.
- Sliced turkey – 450 grams (4 portions)
- Humus – 160 grams
- Sprouted grain tortillas
- Pignoli nuts – 2 tablespoons
- Spinach – a handful
- Fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
How to make:
Chop some fresh rosemary and mix it with the hummus. Spread the mixture on tortillas. Put down turkey slices, some baby spinach, nuts and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roll it and enjoy it!
Everyone loves guacamole! This is an easy option if you do not have time to make complicated meals or just want something tasty to snack on.
- Avocado (1)
- Cilantro – 2 tsp
- Lime/lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
- Safflower mayonnaise – 1 teaspoon
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
How to make:
Mash well the ripe avocado with the rest of the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sliced cucumber or tortilla chips.
Foods to Avoid
Although the Fast Metabolism Diet has a lot of variety as far as the food choice is concerned, there are some restrictions. Therefore, it is important to know the list of foods you should try to avoid while keeping up with this metabolism-tricking diet regimen:
- Fruit juices
- Refined sugar
- Alcoholic beverages
- Dried fruits
- Artificial sweeteners
It is also highly encouraged by Hailie Pomroy to avoid using fat-free diet foods and meat of non-organic origin. However, she makes a few exceptions for vegans and vegetarians. They are allowed to use some soy products, such as edamame, tofu, and tempeh.
If you are planning on following a Fast Metabolism Diet, it would be nice to have a meal plan.
Here is a sample menu for the three phases of the Fast Metabolism Diet. Note that portion sizes may differ depending on the phase and the amount of weight you want to lose.
You can alter each phase menu to better fit your preferences while staying within the range of permitted foods or or you can download the fast metabolism diet app which has been created by Pomroy to help you follow the diet plan.
- Breakfast: Apple oatmeal pancakes
- Snack: Apricots
- Lunch: Grilled chicken breast with white beans
- Snack: Peaches
- Dinner: Baked fish with veggies and brown rice
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with mushroom and spinach
- Snack: Pork jerky
- Lunch: Vegetable stir fry with brown rice
- Snack: Cucumber with smoked salmon and cream cheese
- Dinner: Lamb with asparagus, spinach and baby potatoes
- Breakfast: Omelette (with onion and tomatoes if desired)
- Snack: Celery with almond butter
- Lunch: Tuna salad with sweet potato, spinach and olives
- Snack: Avocado
- Dinner: Stir fry rice noodles with shrimpand snow peas (chilli optional)