This content has been Fact-Checked by a Certified Nutritionist in our Publishing Team. Learn more here. Always consult a medical professional before commencing any diet.
In your attempt to get a slimmer waistline, you’ve tried every fat-blasting workout available. But your love handles clings on to you.
The latest diet plan and slimming shakes already form part of your arsenal for a cinched waistline. But your metabolic rate works against you.
There is one last savior to shed stubborn belly fat. It’s time to unleash your final weapon.
Say hello to the weight loss belt.
What is a Weight Loss Belt?
A weight loss belt is a neoprene wrap that helps slim down your mid-section by compressing your fat cells.
They work by temporarily restricting and redistributing skin and fat around the stomach. Once you remove the belt, your fat cells will return to its original position.
Your protruding pouch may show again, but all is not lost. Slimming belts are in fact a good complementary weight loss aid to supplement your existing weight loss plan.
In most part, weight loss belts help us maintain a strong core and good posture. And when we start to see the inches dropping, we are spurred to stay on course the weight loss program and persevere.
Weight Loss Belt Benefits
1. Comfortable Back Support
Have you ever noticed how professional weight lifters wear abdominal belts during training?
This is because abdominal belts give them additional support around the midsection. The additional support allows pro-athletes to lift weights heavier than their normal threshold, thus allowing them to push harder to become stronger.
Just like athletes, a well-positioned spine allows you to challenge your body beyond your comfort zone. When more muscle fibers are engaged, you will gain more muscle mass.
This allows you to burn more fat even while you’re resting.
Similarly, a weight loss belt lends support to your back, which helps you maintain a correct posture as you work out and prevent injuries.
2. Temporary Body Slimming
Weight loss belts that are worn around your waist to consciously help your body “train” to suck your abs in.
Scientifically, what happens when you wear a weight loss belt is that you will sweat more in that region.
So the initial weight loss from wearing the slimming belt is often contributed to water loss through perspiration. The extra fabric around your abs will feel hotter, and this triggers the body to sweat.
This is the body’s natural response to cool down.
While it will help you lose some inches off your gut, this is a temporary effect.
Although the effects are temporary, the tighter silhouette can be a strong motivator to work towards your desired summer-ready body.
3. Increases Thermal Core Temperature
Running on the treadmill with a stomach belt will ramp up your metabolic rate.
This is because the wrap is designed to increase your thermal core temperature, hence helping you to sweat more.
The initial weight loss and circumference waistline reduction are largely contributed to less bloating and water loss.
Seeing positive results from the temporary slimming will compel you to achieve your long-term weight loss goals, motivating you to stay on track on your diet and exercise program.
4. Easy to Use
The weight loss belt is so easy to use. All you need is to snap it around your waist and you’re ready to go!
You can wear it while doing your daily routine or during your workouts.
Want to make a statement with your sliming belt? Then wear it over your clothes.
Alternatively, chose to be discreet by wearing it beneath baggy clothes. You will find yourself procrastinating less, thanks to the weight loss belt’s ease of use.
Weight Loss Belt Types
1. Basic Weight Loss Belt
The simple, non-electric belts are suitable for beginners who would like to give slimming belts a try, but not willing to invest for a start.
The basic weight loss belt comprises of an adjustable neoprene wrap that you can bind around your midsection.
While this weight loss belt may seem elementary, you will be surprised that most of the best weight loss belts fall under this category.
This is because its thermogenesis capabilities are proven to induce copious amounts of sweat to trim your waistline.
2. Electric Weight Loss Belt
Touted as the gold standard of all belts, the electric weight loss works by stimulating stomach muscle contraction.
This slimming belt is developed based on the same principle behind the Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS). EMS helps to build muscle strength by inducing muscle contraction with electrical impulses.
The electric weight loss belt comes with electric pads. These pads send impulses to the skin surface, thus causing the muscle to contract and tricking your body to work harder.
The Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS) weight loss belt allows you to burn more calories within a shorter period of time.
According to this study, researchers found that the high-frequency current therapy may be beneficial for decreasing abdominal obesity.
According to a survey conducted by EMS Training, 60.9% of women who underwent EMS training agreed that EMS helped to tone their bodies.
Just like the basic weight loss belt, the electric weight loss belt emits heat to the strapped region. This increases your metabolism rate and stimulates burning calories.
You can dial up or dial down the intensity of the impulses by using the controller that comes with the belt.
3.Vibrating Weight Loss Belt
Just like the electric weight loss belt, the vibrating weight loss belt is developed based on the same principle behind Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS).
EMS helps to build muscle strength by inducing muscle contraction with electrical impulses.
The vibrating electronic belts also help to reduce fat mass on the belly while following a calorie restricted diet more than following calorie restricted diet alone according to this study.
Another effect of this belt is that it emits a considerable amount of heat, making you perspire more. The assisted muscle contraction, increased perspiration and suppression of appetite gradually results in weight loss along the mid-section.
4. Magnetic slimming belts
Magnetic slimming belts elicit a buzzing sensation.
These belts rely on magnets to improve blood circulation in the body. Nevertheless, the magnetic slimming belts are better known for its therapeutic effects in treating arthritis and joint paint.
5. Sauna Belts
It’s safe to say that all weight loss belts deliver the same effect as sauna belts.
What sets it apart is the amount of sweat induced by using premium material to evoke intense thermogenesis.
As a result, core temperature rises significantly once the sauna belt is wrapped around the abdomen. This in return, helps to tone the midsection and aid in weight loss.
Tips to Choose the Best Weight Loss Belt
The rule of thumb for shopping is never to buy a weight loss belt on an impulse. Instead, we have developed a comprehensive buying guide to choose the best slimming belts for weight loss in the market.
The band’s size and length are important elements of the belt as it determines its fit-to-body. So do pay special attention to the size and dimensions of the product.
Some manufacturers classify the weight loss belts based on clothing size (S / M / L) and some are designed based on waist size (up to 40 inches circumference). Others come in a universal, one-band-fit-all size.
Secondly, do pay attention to the width of the product. Some weight loss belts are designed not to cover the entire abdomen. Instead, only the part of the midsection is covered (such as the naval area). Some trimming belts are designed to cater to individuals with a longer midsection and can be too big for petite bodies.
Finally, check out the thickness of the weight loss belt. If you want a discreet belt, then a bulky slimming belt will show under your clothes.
On the other hand, thicker and sturdier fabric will give you better postural support, making it ideal for injury mediation and prevention.
It is advisable to choose weight loss belts made of latex-free material. This is an important factor to consider especially if you have sensitive skin. Or if you suffer from latex allergies.
Did you know that an astounding 3 million people and more in the United States suffer from allergies to latex products? Thus, make a point to choose belly wraps made with premium material that is kind to your skin.
Also, look out for good workmanship and sturdy stitching, especially along the Velcro area. A robust Velcro will ensure that the product does not slip or slide during your workout, and should last you for a long time.
Whatever your budget is, there is a suitable fat burning belt that will meet your needs.
Stick to your budget and read on as we share the whole slew of weight loss belts in varying prices. Whether you plan to fly business, economy class, or take a rickety bus-ride on your weight loss journey, there is a belt that will get you to your final destination – weight loss nation.
4. Shop from Reputable Websites With Good Review
Word of mouth ranks heavily in today’s digital world. Shopping on reputable sites with positive product reviews will help you single out marketing gimmicks from the bonafide weight loss belts. Take the time to read the reviews and filter out paid reviews from genuine customer reviews.
Look out for products that offer a money-back guarantee or refund policy. This gives you the confidence that the belt is designed to meet diverse customer needs, and even the most discerning ones.
Top #10 Best Slimming Belt for Weight Loss
Join us as we countdown to the top 10 best weight loss belts in the market as voted by consumers.
1# Ab Stimulator Weight Loss Belt
- Uses the EMS technology for body muscle training and to induce weight loss
- Convenient as it can be charged using a USB port
- Available in 6 modes and 10 levels of intensity that can be used for warm-up, high-intensity stimulation and finally cool down
- Designed to stimulate multiple body parts such as the abdominal, arm, leg, hip, waist
- Only 12-minutes of usage per time required. Using it for 12 minutes is equivalent to running for 1000 meters or swimming for 30 minutes.
- The intelligent chip technology defaults the belt to work for 20 minutes and automatically powers off thereafter.
- Achieve metabolic efficiency within a shorter time with only 12 minutes of usage per time
- Its aerodynamic design makes it easy to use the electric stimulator on different body parts other belts cannot reach
- This includes the thighs, buttocks, calves, upper arms apart from the midsection and flanks.
- Compact design allows you to use it anywhere, anytime discreetly
- Comes with no gel pads, no consumables, and water washable.
- There is a money-back guarantee.
Rating: 4.9 out of 5
2# Win.Max Waist Trimmer Belt with Sauna Effect
- Delivers sauna effect and intense sweating to help burn stomach fat faster and maximize calorie burn
- Over-lock stitching ensures durability
- 75% neoprene and 25% nylon material ensures ease of molding to the body and maximizes heat retention
- Available in 2 colors i.e. black and pink
- Comes with a complimentary sports armband
- Comes with a 100% money-back guarantee
- Allows refund of purchase if dissatisfied with the product, or if the product is faulty
- Unisex weight loss belt
- The shape of the weight loss belt is preserved even after washing
- Induces significant sweating upon removal
- Recommended use of only 2 to 3 hours per day only as the user will sweat profusely
- Limited size i.e. medium and large
- Strong odor upon unboxing and best rinsed before first use
Ratings: 4.4 out of 5
3# Sports Research Sweet Sweat Premium Waist Trimmer
- Improves thermogenic activity and increases sweat production
- Comes with a complimentary gift i.e. a breathable carrying bag and a sample of the Sweet Sweat Gel.
- The Sweet Sweat Gel must be used with the Trimmer to help maximize fat loss results
- Flexible wrap that adjusts to your size and shape
- Made with extra-thick, latex-free Neoprene for an enhanced sweating experience.
- Available in 5 sizes (S / M / L / XL / XXL)
- Suitable for bigger bodies as sizing tends to be larger
- Covers entire abdomen from lower bra area to hips even for plus-sized bodies
- Durable and can withstand machine-wash
- The Sweet Sweat Gel helps to increase perspiration and fat loss
- May cause a rash among sensitive skin users
Rating: 4.7 out of 5
Price: USD$20.95 – USD$48.50
4# Nebility Women Waist Trimmer Cincher with Adjustable Straps
- Dual-layer enclosure with hook-eye closure first, followed by zipper enclosure for a maximum slimming effect
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Made of 90% polyester and 10% spandex
- Moisture-wicking fabric that is stretchable, breathable and comfortable to wear
- Special U-shape front that lifts the breast
- Multifunctional shapewear that can be used for post-partum recovery, to improve posture, expedite fat loss during exercise
- Available in 2 colors (pink and black)
- Comes in 7 sizes to fit all body types(S, M, L, X-Large, XX-Large, XXX-Large, 4X-Large)
- Dual functionality as a corset and weight loss belt
- Delivers corset-like effect that makes the breast look perkier, flattens fat around the armpits and excess fat at the back creating a tight silhouette
- Allows refund of purchase if dissatisfied with the product, or if the product is faulty
- Double enclosure creates a shapely hourglass figure
- Extremely comfortable
- More suited for women than men
- May not be sufficient to cover the hanging belly
- Can be difficult to wear for a more severe belly pouch. Users are required to intensely suck in the belly to zip up
Rating: 4.2 out of 5
Price: USD19.99 – USD 24.99 (depending on size)
5# Reformer Athletics Waist Trimmer Ab Belt
- Made of 100% latex-Free neoprene
- The revolutionary membrane structure is activated when the body sweats
- Once in contact with sweat, the membrane structure opens, allowing sweat and toxin from the body to vaporize, thus improving circulation in the treated area
- Corrects poor posture, provides extra support and reduces the risk of injury
- Comes with 3 complimentary gifts:
(1) An Adjustable Velcro Smartphone Neoprene Sleeve
(2) The Healthy eBook of Detox Smoothies & Protein Shakes
(3) The Not Another Diet Book (covering about good nutritional tips
- Has the most number of complimentary gifts given away
- Does not emit a toxic or foul odor
- Adjustable Velcro closure fitting that accommodates waistlines from 25” to 44”
- Money-back guarantee policy
- Sturdy Velcro that does not cause the weight loss belt to slip
- May be difficult to remove the Velcro
Ratings: 4.3 out of 5
6# TNT Pro Series Waist Trimmer Weight Loss Belt
- Designed to enhance sweat and thermogenesis on the stomach and midsection.
- Enforced with anti-slip inner grid technology that prevents bunching and folding during your workout
- Made with 100% neoprene, latex-free rubber to wick away moisture
- Material is easy to clean
- Available in 3 sizes (XS / M / small plus) and 2 colors (yellow and pink)
- Does not come off or slide down when sitting or working out
- Will make you sweat like a river
- Long wrap and suitable for larger-sized individuals
- Fabric can be compromised once washed in the washing machine
- The wrap should be hand washed to prolong usage
Rating: 4.3 out of 5
Price: USD14.99 – USD18.97
7# Perfotek Waist Trimmer Belt
- Extra-long & wide belt ensures good coverage on the abdomen
- Rounded, double-stitched edges for maximum comfort
- Thick, sturdy material to induce thermogenesis, more sweat and to hold its shape
- Blend of neoprene, nylon & polyester
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Effective heating capability as the treated area is drenched with sweat
- Recommended use of 2 – 3 hours per time to see results
- Less durable
- Some users reported an odor. Therefore, the product is best washed before first use.
Ratings: 4.1 out of 5
8# Bracoo Weight Loss Waist Trimmer
- Increases metabolic rate and helps to burn more calories by raising abdominal core temperature
- Helps to induce more sweat
- Enforced with tactile anti-slip grid surface along the internal lining that eeps the weight lost trimmer in place during cardio routines
- Made of 100% latex-free neoprene
- Odorless & non-toxic
- A lightweight belt that fits comfortably beneath clothing
- Unisex design that is easily adjustable to body
- Value for money
- Velcro may not be long-lasting with heavy usage
- Not suitable for bigger bodies as the width is short
Rating: 4.2 out of 5
9# Maxboost Premium Weight Loss Ab Belt for Men & Women
- One-size fits all belt that accommodates waist circumference of 25″ and up to 42″
- Easy-to-use waist trimmer retains heat in your core area, increases your sweat levels and helps deliver a more intense, sweatier workout
- The compression of the trimmer provides extra support for your lower back and helps you exercise safe lifting techniques.
- Made of neoprene material and contoured to comfortably fit around your waist
- Features a grid inner lining that repels sweat and holds the trimmer in place
- Premium grade latex-free neoprene waist trimmer
- Comes with a one-year limited product warranty
- Allows refund of purchase within one year of purchase if dissatisfied with product, or if the product is faulty
- Good, snug fit
- Highly effective in inducing sweat
- Value for money
- Stitches may be a little weak.
- Recommended to fall-back on the one-year warranty and to request for an exchange or refund during this period to address manufacturing defects
Ratings: 4.3 out of 5
10# FAMIDOC Electric Weight Loss Belt
- Uses the electrical stimulation technology similar to modern physiotherapy to aid weight loss
- Can be strapped to various parts of the body including the waist, buttocks and hips
- A risk-free product based on electric muscle stimulation system (EMS)
- Comes with 4 electrodes
- The electrodes must be applied on damp skin and in full contact with skin. Usage on dry skin can cause tingling or itching sensation
- Unlike other electric weight loss belt which tends to be audible, this belt is very quiet
- Recommended for use for only 20 minutes per day to see results
- Offers a 90-days money guarantee warranty to address product function issues
- Beyond fat burning purposes, this electric weight loss belt can be used for rehabilitative purposes to relax muscles
- Can be used as part of a recovery program to reinstate weak muscles to its original strength
- Available in one universal size
- Velcro is not strong after several uses
- Slightly higher defective rate within the first month of use. This can be managed through the 90-days money-back warranty.
Ratings: 3.4 out of 5 stars
Weight Loss Belt Side Effects
Behind all the great perks weight loss belts can deliver, it comes with a set drawback if inappropriately used. A research done by a medical group on corsets may suggest that neoprene wraps share similar side effects as corsets when wrongly used.
According to UCI Health and Medical Group, corsets worn over a longer-term can affect the blood supply to the liver.
This reduces muscle and core strength, displacing the intestines by pushing it lower and causing harmful effects on the other internal organs.
Besides, when the wrap is bound to tightly, the user can suffer from various adverse effects. This includes back pain and poor posture.
Wearing tight corsets were also found to cause a medical condition called hiatus hernias. In hiatus hernias, the stomach is pushed all the way up to the chest, resulting in gastrointestinal reflux, heartburn and chest pain.
According to this study, a sauna belt could cause erythman ab igne disease which is characterized by reticular and brownish discoloration of the skin.
And the demand for tighter silhouettes is perpetuated by celebrities flaunting their hourglass figures achieved through multiple methods, apart from using corsets.
Corsets worn weeks and months puts a strain on the user’s health. And this can cause more damaging effects to the body, rather than benefits.
While the findings on corsets are not conclusive to suggest the same effect on weight belts, the key takeaway is this. Weight loss belts should not be used for a prolonged period (i.e. more than 3 hours a day) and should not be wrapped overtly tight.
By using the weight loss trimmers with caution and in moderation, you can stay safe, healthy and achieve your fitness goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do weight loss belts really work?
The topic of fad or foe often weights on our mind when discussing slimming belts.
Weight loss belts serve to complement your existing strategy towards fat loss. Remember that spot reduction is not the most effective way to lose weight.
However, the technology behind these belts does help to make losing weight easier. From its sauna-like capabilities to EMS and vibrating slimmers, the weight loss belt helps to make losing weight more bearable.
What is clear is that these belts work best as a motivator for us to stick to our weight loss journey. And when we start to shed inches around our waist, we become more driven to make the change a lifestyle habit.
To summarize, the weight loss and circumference loss can be attributed to the 3 factors:
- the efficacy of the weight loss belt
- balanced diet – check out Dr Rhonda Patrick Diet
- consistent exercise – check out Core Power Exercises program.
2. Can a weight loss belt be worn during sleep?
While some manufacturers advocate wearing the belt overnight, it is however not recommended for your comfort and hygiene reasons.
Weight loss belts are sweat-inducing belly wraps. Having it on during your sleep means that your mid-section will sweat more. And this may prevent you from having a good night’s rest.
To make things worse, when our skin is covered in sweat, this creates the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and rashes to thrive.
As such, it is advisable to wear the weight loss belt during your workout, or not more than 3 hours per day.
All the buzz on weight loss belts certainly counts for something.
Studies have shown that weight loss belts are effective in helping lose weight when paired with a dietary plan that controls caloric intake at healthy levels.
The saying “no pain no gain” is indeed apt when it comes to maintaining a trim silhouette.
Caloric expansion can be increased and sustained over time only through exercise. Hence, there is no shortcut to losing body fat but through a combination of dieting and exercise. Weight loss belts, however, are effective in easing your weight loss journey.
So, if that slim waistline still eludes you, then it’s time to stop procrastinating. Start supplementing your workout and dietary program with a weight loss belt to see visible results in 2 months.
The best part is, when done correctly, you can maintain a healthy BMI, feel fitter and look better.
This content has been Fact-Checked by a Certified Nutritionist in our Publishing Team. Learn more here.
4 thoughts on “Weight Loss Belt Complete Guide | Top 10 Belts That Shed Stubborn Belly Fat”
First thanks a lot. This one is really great ! loved the blog, and I’m sure it’s helping a lot of people.
This is tremendous. I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details.
Rock on! Needed to compose you a very little word to thank you yet again regarding the nice suggestions you’ve contributed here.